Families are the first and most consistent reading mentors and supporters for their children, but on our own, we are not nearly so impactful as we can be with the support of each other. Engaging Readers aims to empower families with resources, information, and opportunities for conversation and collaboration so that they can support their young readers with enthusiasm, confidence, and heart.
Engaging Readers is a place where…
- resources can guide families in nurturing their children as readers
- families can ask questions about reading with their children
- families can find information pertaining to struggles they face in supporting their children as readers
- interesting ideas related engaging young readers will be posted
- families can share reading successes and resources they love
- parents can find inspiration to nurture (or find) their own connection with reading
- dialogue about the importance of reading engagement can be accessible and celebrated
Engaging Readers believes that families are at the core of soulful, joyful, engaged reading. Together we can bring joy to our children – one book (magazine, poem, article…) at a time.